Monday, November 16, 2009

Time to face facts... This team is just bad.

Two years ago I argued it is not the coaching, Toe Blake couldn't coach this team. Perhaps I should have stuck with that thought!

Last year though, I thought that perhaps coaching was the difference; that if we just replaced Mactavish with another coach, things would be different somehow. I certainly was not convinced it was all coaching but I thought it would make a difference.

Oilersnation thought the same in varying degrees. Some thought that it was all coaching but that doesn't really matter.

Perhaps it was just wishful thinking on all of our parts. It was easier to blame the coaching than admit to ourselves that this team really is bad.

Certainly we all knew the team was unbalanced, too small, lacked grit but we convinced ourselves a coach would make a difference. Ah, how easy it is to fool ourselves!

Perhaps it has been all injuries and the team will improve but I fear that I am just fooling myself.

Oilers management seems to be under the same trance but if you listen to Quinn really closely I think he knows that this team doesn't have the smarts, grit and team spirit to compete!

Folks, I don't think it was coaching and I don't think it is the injuries either. This team isn't a good one and it is time for management to face those same facts!

No comments:

Post a Comment