Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It is time to admit defeat!

The dive for five is now a full blown collapse!

Perhaps I should view it as a good thing, but frankly I can not. Basically the team did not pick a direction and stick with it and thus they were in limbo and now everything has crashed down and put them in this position.

There is nothing to celebrate, nothing to get excited about. Yeah the Oilers have completely failed and now in all likliehood will get a top 5 draft pick! Oh goody! It makes me angry, upset and sick to my stomach.

I don't need to starve to death to appreciate a good meal, but there really is no alternative. The Oilers need to dump contracts, dump anyone not considered core and let youth take over. No chasing rainbows (Heatley, Jagr etc), no expensive free agents.

It is now the only course of action that makes sense and that makes it a sad time to be an Oiler fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment